Regis is the familiar atop the 5A rankings, though only by a handful of points ahead of a rising Cherry Creek team, and Greeley West is the new team to sit atop the 4A rankings with a 70 point cushion over last year's champion Windsor.
These be the rules...
- A team scores points just like a championship meet by placing an athlete or relay in the top 20 and points are awarded in that fashion.
- Adjustments have been made that account for athletes ranked in more than 2 individual events so that the scores are not skewed from one athlete/school. Adjustments have also been made for the "rule of 4" that mandates that only 4 competitors from the same school can score points in each event.
- The main reason for this is to hopefully generate more publicity for all of the kids who have worked so hard for it and swimming and diving in general.
- This is geared more for prediction of how the state championship meets will turn out, rather than how a dual meet against two teams will fare.
- Times/scores have been pulled in only from data submitted to MaxPreps. If you do not see times in there that should be, then you most likely did not submit them. This should help to motivate people/coaches to submit them in a timely manner. (Hint: Submit your meets to MaxPreps ASAP)
- An exhaustive listing of all submitted times is located at MaxPreps.com.
Enjoy & Have a great season!!
Next Rankings Published - Week of April 9th